Pages

3/5/11

A Trip of A Lifetime (The Beginning)


For the last five days I was in Dubai. And it was amazing.

I got an opportunity from my dad to go and help him out at Gulf Food, a GINORMOUS food fair. And the entire experience was priceless. I loved every moment of it, even the painful 12 hours of standing on my very first heels.

I'll tell you about it day by day. So here we go...

DAY 1

Woke up early full of anticipation. The plane would leave at six so I had many hours of preparation.
I took all the basic nessicities a girl would need, cloths, toothbrush, cookies (yes, I need it) and never to forget, pencils and ye good ole notebook.



At four said byebye to my doggies, drove out the house, and kissed mama goodbye at the airport door. It was not a sad farewell and no tears were sheaded.

The six hours flight, that I did not look foward to, turned out to be less of a torment that I had expected. Almost the entire time was spent on composing my speech for my graduation day...yay?




Anyway, we arrived at Dubai airport around 11 p.m. local time. The immigration queue was a nightmare, like a long snakes slitthering down the hall.

                                     

It was hours before we get to the hotel and crashed our head into the soft pillows.

 Lights out, that's day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment