Pages

3/5/11

A Trip of A Lifetime (The Journey)

DAY 2

Morning call 7 a.m. and there I went running down to breakfast. Yummy eggs, cereal, fruits and, to my pleasure, Indian food.


I went with the morning tour to Dubai Museum. It's a cool place really, with lots of history about Dubai (duh, it's the Dubai Museum) and antique objects. The thing that really caught my attention, however, was the display. The wax figures were so realistic I jumped several times thinking they'll move and the animal figures...alive, I say, alive.




When everyone locomoted to a perfume shop I slipped away into a small supermarket.
Don't you think this world is fantastic? It's so diverse because even in this tiny place there's a huge difference from ours in Thailand. Rows and rows of spices, nuts and there's this huge collection of curry paste (and others that I don't even know what the heck it is).



Around ten we got on the tour bus again and headed to the Gulf Food fair. Got to constantly remind myself that I'm here to work not to have a vacation...even though it felt like one.

The convention building was...hugh, no, GINORMOUS as I said before. Nine halls and quoted from the website  "3,800 exhibitors, 81 international pavilions, and welcomes over 55,000 buyers from 152 countries". From my own observstion of the convention...0[]O...undeniably jaw dropping event. 

Our booth, much more humble in size compare the fair, was decorated in no time. I worked fast because at around two I was going to go Desert Safaring! (is there such word?) Yeah, I was bursting excitement.

We went in a group of six and I met this our driver was a pleasant man in the name of Rafiq.

The beginning was nice and peaceful. I chatted a lot with Mr. Driver as he has abundant knowledge about Dubai, its history and customs. It's always fun to have a cultural exchange conversation, PLUS, he's a really funny man.



We stopped once or twice to take picture of the sun set and...there's no definition of how beautiful it was.

An absolute phenomenal

Kilometers of sand, decending endlessly to the horizon, bathe in the warm light of sunset... the atmosphere was rustic, the scent of desert was unique and the image of sun, sand and sky, almost melted as one, was exquisitely addictive. My camera happy self was litteraly high.

       


Then came the part of Camels Riding, Henna, Kabab, Shisha, Belly Dancing...

I have not felt this kind of joy in a very long while...I see new things, it was excited but more than anything, I made new good companions.

My head hit the pillow that night happier than a clam I say, looking forward eagerly for more adventure tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment